National Bullying Prevention
October is also:
National Arts & Humanities Month!
Ways to Celebrate!
- Participate in the PTA Reflections contest.
- Become a better writer! Click here to find out how!!
- Write a story for National Day on Writing (October 20th)
- Read a book to a family member or friend.
- Donate used books to your school library.
- Create a bookmark to display in the school library.
- Create a piece of art to display in the school library.
- During dinner, ask each family member to share one creative thing they did that day.
- Visit a local museum or art gallery.
- Attend a performance/show at a local theater.
- Start learning how to play an instrument.
- Start writing in a journal.
- Read the Arts section of the newspaper.
- Take pictures and create a scrapbook.
- Organize a talent show.
- Take a class at the local community center in paper making, creative writing, painting, modern dance, etc.
- Write a 10-second announcement about what the arts mean to you to be read over the morning announcements (can be a rap, poem, short story, etc.)
- Make a short video about what the arts mean to you – to be posted and/or linked to the library website.